July 10-12, 2020
The 13th Annual Hockey Fights MS Vermont Tournament has split into two weekends and will now take place July 10-12, 2020 and July 17-19, 2020. Registration for the July 10-12 weekend is open to Women's (C, D) teams as well as recreational co-ed teams. Registration for the July 17-19 weekend is open to Men's (A, B, C) and all levels of co-ed teams. Please be sure to register for the correct weekend!
Games will be played at several rinks including Cairns Arena and Leddy Park Arena - located only minutes from the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain. Games will also be played at Stowe Arena and The Ice Center in Waterbury - minutes from the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
All proceeds from these events will benefit multiple sclerosis research and rehabilitation. This year's beneficiary will once again be New England Disabled Sports.
Player fee includes:
- 4 game guarantee starting at 12:00pm on Friday. All players will play a 4th game on Sunday. Games will be played on NHL size rinks and will consist of three 12-minute stop time periods.
- Tournament t-shirt guaranteed to players who register before June 19, 2020.
- Your team's donation ($10 per player) to New England Disabled Sports.
- Special gift for champions in each division and winning team's name placed on official Hockey Fights MS trophy.
- Competitive divisions determined based on the information provided by players at the time of registration.
- Game reminders sent to your phone via email. Game results and standings will be also be promptly updated on our tournament website throughout the weekend as well as Twitter at @HockeyFightsMS.
- Opportunity to purchase tournament merchandise, team photos and action shots onsite as well as online.
- Register by March 1 and save $5 off registration!
- Teams must have a minimum of 10 fully registered players and 1 fully registered goalie prior to the team registration deadline to qualify (June 10, 2020). Captains will then have two weeks to finalize their rosters.
- All players must be at least 18 years old by prior to the start of the tournament and can only be rostered on one team.
- All players must register and pay online in order to participate. Unregistered players caught playing in the tournament will be ejected immediately and the game will result in a forfeit for the offending team.
- No substitutions or last-minute add-ons. ALL players must be on the official roster.
- Co-Ed teams must have a minimum of three players of the opposite gender on their roster (excluding goaltender). At least one player of the opposite gender (excluding goaltender) must be on the ice at all times. Failure to comply will result in a goal being awarded to the opposite team.
- Players should bring both light and dark jerseys, including numbers on the back. Home team wears white, away team wears dark.
- Players must sign the score sheets located at the registration table before the start of each game and should come prepared to present a valid photo ID.
USA Hockey Adult rules will be observed with the following exceptions:
- Minor penalties will be 1:30, Major penalties will be 3:00
- Any player receiving 4 minor penalties in one game will be ejected from the remainder of the game with no further suspension.
- Fighting majors will result in immediate suspension from the tournament, no exceptions and no refunds!
- Hockey Fights MS reserves the right to ban players from participating in future tournaments due to unsportsmanlike behavior.
Philmar Photography is our official, on-site, tournament photographer! They are on site during the tournament and have both actual and digital photographs available for purchase. Team packages available as well!