August 6-9, 2020
The 14th Annual Hockey Fights MS Pennsylvania Men's Tournament will take place August 6-9, 2020. Registration is open for Men's A, B, C, and D teams. Proceeds from this event will benefit The Multiple Sclerosis Wellness Program at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network in Allentown, PA. The majority of the games will be played at The Steel Ice Center in Bethlehem, PA - a thriving community full of many options for shopping, dining, lodging and entertainment including the Sands Casino and Outlets. Games will also be played at The Rink at Lehigh Valley, located just a few minutes away in Whitehall, PA.
Special parking for RV's and campers will be available, however, space is limited. Permits will need to be purcahsed in advance through our online store in order to gain access to the lot. An email will be sent to all registered players closer to the start of the tournament and will include additional details.
Also taking place during the tournament is Musikfest. Presented by ArtsQuest, this 10-day festival will include over 500 musical performances on 15 indoor and outdoor stages located throughout the city of Bethlehem. Past performers have included Stone Temple Pilots, Maroon 5, Boston, Fuel, Hootie & The Blowfish, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Miller Band, Ke$ha, and many more! In addition, Musikfest will also showcase over 60 food vendors, visual arts and craft vendors, and a closing-night fireworks display. Hockey, live music, and an abundance of delicious food - what could be better?
Player fee includes:
- 4 game guarantee starting at 5:00pm on Thursday. Friday games will start at 12:00pm. All players will play a 4th game on Sunday. Games will be played on NHL size rinks and will consist of three 12-minute stop time periods.
- Tournament t-shirt guaranteed to players who register before July 16, 2020.
- Your team's donation to The Multiple Sclerosis Wellness Program at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
- Special gift for champions in each division and winning team's name placed on official Hockey Fights MS trophy.
- Competitive divisions determined based on the information provided by players at the time of registration.
- Game reminders sent to your phone via email. Game results and standings will be also be promptly updated on our tournament website throughout the weekend as well as Twitter at @HockeyFightsMS.
- Opportunity to purchase tournament merchandise, team photos and action shots onsite as well as online.
- Teams must have a minimum of 10 fully registered players and 1 fully registered goalie prior to the team registration deadline to qualify (July 6, 2020). Captains will then have two weeks to finalize their rosters.
- All players must be at least 18 years old prior to the start of the tournament and can only be rostered on one team.
- All players must register and pay online in order to participate. Unregistered players caught playing in the tournament will be ejected immediately and the game will result in a forfeit for the offending team.
- No substitutions or last-minute add-ons. ALL players must be on the official roster.
- Players should bring both light and dark jerseys, including numbers on the back. Home team wears light, away team wears dark.
- Players must sign the score sheets located at the registration table before the start of each game and should come prepared to present a valid photo ID.
USA Hockey Adult rules will be observed with the following exceptions:
- Minor penalties will be 1:30, Major penalties will be 3:00
- Any player receiving 4 minor penalties in one game will be ejected from the remainder of the game with no further suspension.
- Fighting majors will result in immediate suspension from the tournament, no exceptions and no refunds!
- Hockey Fights MS reserves the right to ban players from participating in future tournaments due to unsportsmanlike behavior.
Philmar Photography is our official, on-site, tournament photographer! They are on site during the tournament and have both actual and digital photographs available for purchase. Team packages available as well!
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network (PA Men's)
Good Shepherd offers comprehensive MS services in a care model that focuses on teamwork and partnership. They work directly with patients to develops goals and appropriate treatment plans to help them get the most out of their rehabilitation and the most out of life.