The 6th Annual Hockey Fights MS Tournament will take place July 19-21, 2013 in South Burlington, VT. Proceeds from this event will benefit The Multiple Sclerosis Center at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington. Games will be played at several rinks including Cairns Arena and Leddy Park Arena - located only minutes from the shores of beautiful Lake Champlain. Games will also be played at the University of Vermont's Gutterson Fieldhouse and The Ice Center in Waterbury - minutes from the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
Also taking place this weekend is the 21st Annual Vermont Brewers Festival featuring over 40 brewers. Discounted tickets can be purchased through our online store between March 1 and May 15, 2013. Sessions sell out fast, so don't delay - get your tickets today! The Brewers Festival takes place in downtown Burlington on the waterfront. Burlington is a great city that features a variety of shops and restaurants including the famous Church Street Marketplace. Bike paths are abundant in Vermont and rides ranging from flat and paved scenic routes along the Champlain shoreline to difficult mountain treks are all just minutes away.
- Divisions: Men's (A, B, C), Women's (B, C, D), & Co-Ed
- Four (4) game guarantee on NHL size rinks
- Game schedules will be posted online approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of the tournament.
- Players should be prepared to play their first game as early as 5:00pm on Friday. Teams will most likely have 1 game Friday, 2 games Saturday, and 1 game Sunday.
- Game results and standings will be posted online throughout the tournament and will also be tweeted, so be sure to follow us on Twitter.
- Awards for 1st place teams in each division
- Raffle with great prizes
- Tournament merchandise, team and actions photos available for purchase on-site.
- Fee: $80/player **RECEIVE A FREE GIFT when registered by May 1, 2013!
Intrested in playing but don't have a team to play for?
Simply complete our Free Agent Registration form!
How to Register
- The team manager completes the Register A Team form. Only one form should be submitted per team.
- Upon approval, the team manager will be emailed a link for players to register online.
- Teams must have a minimum of 10 players and 1 goalie to qualify and no more than 16 per team.
- Players must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the tournament and can only be rostered on one team per division (i.e., Men's, Women's, or Co-ed).
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable after the registration deadline.
- The deadline to register is July 1, 2013.
*All players must be registered in order to participate. Unregistered players caught playing in the tournament will be ejected immediately and the game will result in a forfeit for the offending team.
- Players must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- All players must register and pay online in order to participate. Unregistered players caught playing in the tournament will be ejected immediately and the game will result in a forfeit for the offending team.
- All players must be on the roster. No substitutions or last-minute add-ons.
- Players must sign the scoresheets located at the registration table before each game and should come prepared to present a valid photo ID.
- Co-Ed teams must have a minimum of 2 women playing each game. Failure to comply will result in a forfeit of the game.
- All games will be played with (3) 12-minute stop time periods.
- USA Hockey Adult Rules will be observed with the following exceptions:
- Minor penalties will be 1:30, Major penalties will be 3:00
- Any player receiving 4 minor penalties in one game will be ejected from the remainder of the game with no further suspension.
- Fighting majors will result in immediate suspension from the tournament, no exceptions!
- Tournament Director reserves the right to change any tournament rule deemed necessary for equal play during the tournament.
Tie breakers will occur in the following order: total points; number of wins; head to head record; lowest goals against; lowest penalty minutes; coin toss.